Whereas the college understands that unforeseen circumstances may compel a student to withdraw from a course, students should understand that the college makes decisions as to resource levels for a course (including teaching resources) based upon the number of students who register for it at the commencement of the course.
The college accepts no obligation to refund any fee or part of any fee paid in respect of any programme or service provided by the college.
Under no circumstances will the college refund the deposit, or any part of the deposit paid in respect of a students’ registration for a programme, save in the event that the college is unable to run the course registered for.
Please note that Progressive College reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule any course at any time. In the unlikely event of cancellation your deposit/fees will be refunded. Progressive College also reserves the right to re-schedule the start dates of all courses.
Deposits: All deposits are non-refundable.
|Time before course start date||Applicable Refund|
|1 Month Prior||Full course fee less €150 Administration fee*.|
|2 Weeks Prior||50% of fees paid, less €150 Administration fee*.|
|1 Week Or Less||30% of fees paid, less €150 Administration fee*.|
|From Course Commencement (including fully online courses)||No refund applicable.|
* If the fee paid to the college was less than €150 then no refund will be payable in the above instances (updated 03/02/2023)
Please note that the information contained in the document is neither conclusive nor exhaustive and Progressive College reserve the right to substitute alternative arrangements where it deems necessary.
In the event where the student wishes to cancel an enrolment, notice of cancellation must be provided in writing and applies from the date it is received by Progressive College at email@example.com
The Student may (unless studying on a student visa) no later than two weeks prior to the commencement of the Programme cancel his or her acceptance by providing Progressive College with written notice. If the Student so cancels their study, the Student’s liability to Progressive College will be limited to payment to the College of a cancellation fee of €100 which may be deducted from any applicable refund. Any refund made by Progressive College will be made to the original payer. Full course fees will be payable if less than two weeks’ notice is given, and no refund will be made in such circumstances. Refunds are not available of any amounts paid for study materials, where the materials have been supplied to the Student.
The Student may (unless studying on a student visa) defer enrolment in the Programme for one academic year, provided Progressive College receives written notice at least two weeks prior to the Programme commencement date (the “Date of Deferment”) and the Student pays a €50 administrative fee at the discretion of the college. The fees or any deposit paid by the Student will not be refunded but will be carried forward to the following academic year. Should the College fees change between the Date of Deferment and the date of commencement of the following academic year the Student will be liable to Progressive College for any additional amount due and must pay it before the commencement of such academic year. Where an applicant has deferred their place on a programme and subsequently does not start the programme on a following intake the fees are not refundable or transferable and will be held in credit to be used by the applicant.
International Students & Higher Education Programmes
- In the event of a visa refusal: The applicant or their nominated educational consultant should notify the college by e-mail of the visa refusal and submit any supporting documentation necessary.
- A member of the Admissions team may ask if the applicant wishes to appeal the decision. If yes, the refund process commences if the appeal is then unsuccessful. If the applicant chooses not to appeal the decision then they proceed immediately to the refund process below.
- Once confirmation of the visa refusal has been received we will then issue the applicant with a refund request form and ask that they complete and return to us along with proof of bank details for any approved refund so that we can complete the refund in a timely manner
Supporting documentation – A facility exists to attach the relevant document:
(i) Visa refusal letter.
(ii) In the case of a visa refusal due to incomplete documentation in the application, an official email from the relevant Irish Embassy is required to process the refund. Photos of emails are not acceptable for processing refunds.
- Progressive College may need to verify the veracity of documentation submitted.
- Payment of refund – As per ILEP regulations, Section 4: Provider Track Record and Governance, sub-section 12
“In the case of a visa refusal or refusal of entry into Ireland, the fees, less any pre-indicated handling charge, must be returned to the student within 20 working days of the request being communicated to the provider.”
- Please note the refund process only commences once the college is in receipt of all documentation listed above and verified, if necessary.
For International Students already resident in Ireland, fees will not be refunded under any circumstances after commencement of the course. Where a visa is required to be renewed during the Progressive College programme of study it is the responsibility of the student to check with the relevant authorities that the renewal application will be approved.