This course will be delivered fully online, own pace and started anytime.
QQI Level 6 Major Award in Early Childhood Care and Education – 8 Modules
|6N1944||Early Childhood Curriculum||6|
|6N1945||Childhood Social Legal & Health Studies||6|
|6N1933||Early Learning Environment||6|
|6N1935||Early Childhood Literacy & Numeracy||6|
|6N1936||Early Childhood Arts & Culture||6|
Course Fee Information:
Pay In Full – €995
Pay in Instalments – €1,095
(€150 deposit & 3 monthly instalments paid consecutively of €315)
Entry Requirements & Assessments
A minimum Ordinary Level Leaving Certificate standard of education or equivalent education or experience. Proficiency in English language.
Continuous assessment & Skills demonstrations.
- To equip learners with a sound understanding of child development theory and observation methodologies which will enable the learners to apply this knowledge in work practice through observing, recording and making recommendations relating to children’s holistic development.
- To equip learners with a knowledge of a wide range of educational theorists and philosophies and with an in-depth knowledge of Montessori philosophy and methods.
- To familiarize learners with a variety of curriculum materials including knowledge of the purpose of a broad range of Montessori materials and to equip them with the skills to support children’s learning in an ECCE setting
- To ensure learners can plan, implement and evaluate a Montessori programme and environment suitable for a child in an ECCE setting, with reference to the Aistear framework and Siolta principles.
- To familiarize learners with an overview of the Irish statutory, legal and healthcare systems and supports available to children and families, with emphasis on the area of child protection and adherence to national guidelines in this area.
- To promote in learners the ability to nurture the holistic development and well-being of the child while valuing diversity and fostering equality and inclusion
- To ensure learners understand the concepts of professional conduct, responsibility and autonomy and to facilitate learners in establishing an effective working environment and relationships when acting in a supervisory role in an ECCE setting.
- To enable learners to reflect critically on personal and professional practice and to take responsibility for own professional development.
Location & date:
|Online||Anytime||Own Pace||12 Months to Complete|