QQI Level 6 Early Childhood Care and Education Major Award
|6N1944||Early Childhood Curriculum||6|
|6N1945||Childhood Social Legal & Health Studies||6|
|6N1973||Supervision in Early Childhood care||6|
|6N1957||Special Needs Assisting||6|
This QQI Level 6 Childcare Course is designed to equip the learners with the knowledge and skill to work independently as a room leader or supervisor under the ECCE scheme. Successful graduates will be qualified to work with children from 0 – 6 in a range of Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) settings and or to progress to higher education and training.
The programme is delivered on a part-time basis. This Early Childhood Care and Education Major Award at Level 6 provides learners with a solid and integrated programme of training by combining theoretical knowledge with practical experience through integrated work placement. This programme provides learners with the highest level of professional competence as practitioners, establishing in them a wide knowledge and a deep understanding of educational practices.
This QQI Level 6 Childcare Course develops an understanding of the interdependency of all domains of child development and examines its impact on past and modern early childhood education and care practices. Learners acquire an understanding of early childhood curriculums and develop an awareness of social and legal issues which relate directly to and impact on early childhood education and care settings.
The QQI Component in Early Childhood Care and Education at Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications will provide learners with the competence to work as autonomous practitioners and to lead and supervise others in the provision of quality early childhood care and education in a variety of ECCE settings. This can be either in a daycare centre, crèche, pre-school/after school facility or with families as a professional childminder. The programme leads to the QQI Level 6 award 6M2007 Early Childhood Care and Education. Learners will complete a total of 8 modules to achieve the award.
On completion of the award, learners will have the option of progressing to higher education and training opportunities. Subject to certain specific requirements this course can be used through the CAO to apply for a third level degree course in a related discipline.
Course Fee Information:
WE ARE OPEN FOR ENROLLMENTS ON THIS COURSE
Pay In Full – €1,395
Pay in Instalments – €1,495
(€350 deposit & 5 monthly instalments paid consecutively of €229 starting when the course begins)
The learning outcomes of this programme are the following:
- To equip learners with a sound understanding of child development theory and observation methodologies which will enable the learners to apply this knowledge in work practice through observing, recording and making recommendations relating to children’s holistic development.
- To ensure learners can plan, implement and evaluate learning programmes for children with reference to a broad range of Early Educational theorists and curriculum approaches with specific reference to the Aistear framework and Siolta principles.
- To familiarize learners with an overview of the Irish statutory, legal and healthcare systems and supports available to children and families with an emphasis on the area of child protection and adherence to national guidelines in this area.
- To enable learners to utilize a range of supervisory skills in the workplace which promote effective working relationships, excellent communication skills and policy and procedural adherence to best practice guidelines.
- To promote in learners an understanding of a range of special needs that may present in children and to demonstrate how they can effectively assist and support children within the ECCE setting while valuing diversity and fostering equality and inclusion
Entry Requirements & Assessment/Examinations
A minimum Ordinary Level Leaving Certificate standard of education. Mature applicants with relevant life/work experience. Proficiency in English language and IELTS score of 5 recommended together with a strong interest in the provision of quality care and education for children.
- Continuous assessment
- Skills demonstrations
- Child Development exam
- 110 hours of work practice in an ECCE setting.
Location & date:
|Cork City||Open for Enrolling||January 2021||Tuesday & Thursday||6.30pm-9.30pm||32 Weeks|
|Dublin 2 City Centre||Open for Enrolling||January 2021||Tuesday & Thursday||6.30pm-9.30pm||32 Weeks|
|Dundrum||Open for Enrolling||January 2021||Tuesday & Thursday||6.30pm-9.30pm||32 Weeks|
|Galway City||Open for Enrolling||January 2021||Tuesday & Thursday||6.30pm-9.30pm||32 Weeks|
|Letterkenny Town||Open for Enrolling||January 2021||Tuesday & Thursday||6.30pm-9.30pm||32 Weeks|
|Limerick City||Open for Enrolling||January 2021||Tuesday & Thursday||6.30pm-9.30pm||32 Weeks|
|Tralee Town||Open for Enrolling||January 2021||Tuesday & Thursday||6.30pm-9.30pm||32 Weeks|
*Thursday is a 2 hour online webinar