The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to operate and maintain accurate payroll records using manual and computerised systems, for an organisation, working under general direction and supervision.
Learners will be able to:
1. Explain the key terminology associated with personal taxation in preparing and maintaining payroll records both manually and on the computer.
2. Outline the advantages and disadvantages of a computerised system over a manual one for payroll processing purposes.
3. Process the payroll for employee(s), using manual and computerised systems, under the cumulative tax system, to include; various elements of gross pay, holidays, unpaid leave, cut-off points, credits, all statutory and non-statutory deductions.
4. Process the payroll for employee(s), under theemergency and temporary tax systems and subsequent transfer to the cumulative tax system.
5. Demonstrate the changes in personal tax due to various factors to include; mid-year commencement and leaving of employment, changes in credits, refunds.
Course Fee Information:
Pay In Full – €299
Minimum age is 17 Years. All learners must have a good standard of English.
Assessment / Examinations:
Alternative assessments are in place to facilitate students who are unable to find placement due to current L5 COVID19 restrictions.
Location & date:
|Anywhere||Anytime||Online||12 Months to Complete|