Healthcare Support – QQI Level 5
€235.00 – €1,395.00
QQI Level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support (8 QQI Level 5 Component Certificates)
|5N1794||SAFETY AND HEALTH AT WORK||5|
|5N0749||ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY||5|
|5N1279||HUMAN GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT||5|
|5N4325||NURSING THEORY AND PRACTICE||5|
Purchasing Multiple Modules (ONLINE ONLY):
|Pay in Full||Course Coupon||LEVEL|
|€235||N/A||One Minor Award|
|€470||N/A||Two Minor Awards|
|€540||PCHSECCE3||Three Minor Awards|
|€610||PCHSECCE4||Four Minor Awards|
|€680||PCHSECCE5||Five Minor Awards|
|€750||PCHSECCE6||Six Minor Awards|
|€820||PCHSECCE7||Seven Minor Awards|
|€895||Select ‘All Modules’||Eight Minor Awards|
Installment options are available for this course. A handling fee will be added at checkout if this option is preferred.
When buying modules individually or with another module, course access and/or material will not be released until such time as the relevant fee has been received in full.
Our QQI Level 5 Healthcare Support Course is perfect for those looking to work as a Healthcare Assistant (HCA). Our course aims to provide learners with a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical skills necessary to succeed in their work. The course focuses on relevant modules that focus on a specific area of care.
This healthcare support course allows students to gain the knowledge and skill to work in a variety of healthcare settings. Students can also choose to progress to further or higher education. Whether learners want to work in the hospital, residential care, or community care, they will find that the modules are highly applicable in the workplace.
Achievement of this award will enable the learner to transfer to other appropriate programmes leading to awards at the same level of the National Framework of Qualifications.
The learning outcomes of the course aims to prepare learners through the following:
- Providing an understanding of the needs of the person in their care in relation to the maintenance of their dignity, respect, self-esteem, and choice
- Demonstrating knowledge of a range of theories, practices, guidelines, and legal requirements pertaining to Healthcare Support practice.
- Evaluating and using the information to plan, develop and implement appropriate Healthcare strategies in a variety of care settings whilst working under specific direction and supervision within a support capacity
- Applying knowledge and skills within a range of varied and specific healthcare contexts in accordance with accepted guidelines and practice and legal requirements.
- Demonstrating a broad range of practice, research, interpersonal and caring skills in providing Health Care Support to a wide range of client groups in a range of health care settings.
A minimum Ordinary Level Leaving Certificate standard of education or equivalent education or experience. Proficiency in the English language.
As per QQI requirements, if you wish to use previously achieved modules to complete your Major Award, then they must have been achieved within the last five years. You must provide the College with copies of these certificates in order to go forward for certification once you have completed your programme of training with us.
Learners must complete 160 hours of work experience in a suitable healthcare setting which might be a nursing home, hospital, or daycare centre. Students may need to complete a patient moving and handling course and basic first aid responder course prior to starting their work placement.
Garda Vetting is a legal requirement under the National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Acts 2012 to 2016 for the vetting of persons carrying out work with children or vulnerable persons.
Students must complete the Garda Vetting process before commencing work placement.
Students who have spent more than 6 months living outside of Ireland will need to provide a copy of their Police Clearance Certification for all international addresses that they have lived at, before starting placement.