Our QQI Level 5 Healthcare Support Course is perfect for those looking to work as a Healthcare Assistant (HCA). Our course aims to provide learners with a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical skills necessary to succeed in their work. The course focuses on relevant modules that focus on a specific area of care.
This healthcare support course allows students to gain the knowledge and skill to work in a variety of healthcare settings. Students can also choose to progress to further or higher education. Whether learners want to work in the hospital, residential care, or community care, they will find that the modules are highly applicable in the workplace.
Achievement of this award will enable the learner to transfer to other appropriate programmes leading to awards at the same level of the National Framework of Qualifications.
QQI Level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support (8 QQI Level 5 Component Certificates)
|5N1794||SAFETY AND HEALTH AT WORK||5|
|5N0749||ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY||5|
|5N1279||HUMAN GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT||5|
|5N4325||NURSING THEORY AND PRACTICE||5|
Course Fee Information:
WE ARE OPEN FOR ENROLLMENTS ON THIS COURSE
Pay In Full – €1,395
Pay in Instalments – €1,495
(€350 deposit & 5 monthly instalments paid consecutively of €229 starting when the course begins)
Entry Requirements & Assessments
A minimum Ordinary Level Leaving Certificate standard of education or equivalent education or experience. Proficiency in the English language is also a must.
Learners must complete 160 hours’ work experience in a suitable healthcare setting which might be a nursing home, hospital or daycare centre. Students may need to complete a patient moving and handling course and basic first aid responder course prior to starting their work placement.
The learning outcomes of the course aims to prepare learners through the following:
- Providing an understanding of the needs of the person in their care in relation to the maintenance of their dignity, respect, self-esteem, and choice
- Demonstrating knowledge of a range of theories, practice, guidelines and legal requirements pertaining to Healthcare Support practice.
- Evaluating and using information to plan, develop and implement appropriate Healthcare strategies in a variety of care settings whilst working under specific direction and supervision within a support capacity
- Applying knowledge and skills within a range of varied and specific healthcare contexts in accordance with accepted guidelines and practice and legal requirements.
- Demonstrating a broad range of practice, research, interpersonal and caring skills in providing Health Care Support to a wide range of client groups in a range of health care settings.
Location & date:
|Cork City||Open for Enrolling||29th Sept 2020||Tuesday & Thursday (Online Webinar)||6.30pm-9.30pm||32 Weeks|
|Dublin 2 City Centre||Open for Enrolling||29th Sept 2020||Tuesday & Thursday (Online Webinar)||6.30pm-9.30pm||32 Weeks|
|Dundrum||Open for Enrolling||29th Sept 2020||Tuesday & Thursday (Online Webinar)||6.30pm-9.30pm||32 Weeks|
|Galway City||Open for Enrolling||29th Sept 2020||Tuesday & Thursday (Online Webinar)||6.30pm-9.30pm||32 Weeks|
|Letterkenny Town||Open for Enrolling||29th Sept 2020||Tuesday & Thursday (Online Webinar)||6.30pm-9.30pm||32 Weeks|
|Limerick City||Open for Enrolling||29th Sept 2020||Tuesday & Thursday (Online Webinar)||6.30pm-9.30pm||32 Weeks|
|Tralee Town||Open for Enrolling||29th Sept 2020||Tuesday & Thursday (Online Webinar)||6.30pm-9.30pm||32 Weeks|
*Thursday is a 2 hour online webinar