This course is delivered fully online, own pace and can be started anytime.
QQI Level 6 ECCE Major Award
|6N1944||Early Childhood Curriculum||6|
|6N1945||Childhood Social Legal & Health Studies||6|
|6N1973||Supervision in Early Childhood care||6|
|6N1957||Special Needs Assisting||6|
Course Fee Information:
WE ARE OPEN FOR ENROLLMENTS ON THIS COURSE
Pay In Full – €895
Pay in Instalments – €995
(€150 deposit & 3 monthly instalments paid consecutively of €281.66 starting when the course begins)
The learning outcomes of this programme are the following:
- To equip learners with a sound understanding of child development theory and observation methodologies which will enable the learners to apply this knowledge in work practice through observing, recording and making recommendations relating to children’s holistic development.
- To ensure learners can plan, implement and evaluate learning programmes for children with reference to a broad range of Early Educational theorists and curriculum approaches with specific reference to the Aistear framework and Siolta principles.
- To familiarize learners with an overview of the Irish statutory, legal and healthcare systems and supports available to children and families with an emphasis on the area of child protection and adherence to national guidelines in this area.
- To enable learners to utilize a range of supervisory skills in the workplace which promote effective working relationships, excellent communication skills and policy and procedural adherence to best practice guidelines.
- To promote in learners an understanding of a range of special needs that may present in children and to demonstrate how they can effectively assist and support children within the ECCE setting while valuing diversity and fostering equality and inclusion
Assessment / Examinations:
A minimum Ordinary Level Leaving Certificate standard of education. Mature applicants with relevant life/work experience and proficiency in the English language.
Students access their course materials through Moodle, our E-Learning portal.
- Continuous assessment
- Skills demonstrations
- Child Development exam
- 110 hours of work practice in an ECCE setting.
Location & date:
|Online||Anytime||Own Pace||12 Months to Complete|