This course is delivered fully online, own pace and can be started anytime.
QQI Level 5 Human Growth & Development Component Certificate
Module is part of the QQI Level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support 5M4339
|5N1279||Human Growth & Development||5|
Course Fee Information:
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to work effectively in a variety of community/social care settings, where frequent demand is made on the individual to relate to people at various levels of personal development. The module aims to introduce the learner to human growth and development from infancy to old age in order that the learner will be equipped to relate to people at a level appropriate to their needs.
Online Module Payment is €235
Learners will be able to:
- Understand the concept of human growth and development from conception to old age
- Understand normal patterns of development from infancy to old age with reference to physical, emotional, social and intellectual development
- Recognise variations within the normal range of human growth and development and understand factors that can effect development throughout the lifespan
- Develop interpersonal/interactive skills appropriate to responding to the needs of others
- Apply skills/knowledge to typical work-based problems
- Explore own personal prejudices, fears and anxieties about working with people in need of care
- Develop self-confidence and empathy in dealing with people
- Demonstrate the ability to identify a range of individual needs and apply the interpersonal skills and strategies required to meet these needs in a range of settings.
Assessment / Examinations:
Examination - Theory 40%
Location & date:
|Online||Anytime||Own Pace||12 Months to Complete|