This course is delivered fully online, own pace and can be started anytime.
QQI Level 5 Early Childcare Education & Play Component Certificate
Module is part of the QQI Level 5 Minor Award in ECCE (CHILDCARE) 5M2009
|5N1773||Early Childcare Education & Play||5|
Course Fee Information:
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to ensure that each child¿s learning, development and well-being is facilitated through the provision of opportunities, experiences, activities, interaction, materials and equipment, having regard to the age and stage of development of the child and the child¿s cultural context.
Online Module Payment is €235
Learners will be able to:
- Outline the types, stages patterns and purposes of children¿s play
- Describe a range of theories of play in the context of children¿s education to include Psychoanalytic theories (Freud, Winnicott) and Constructivist theories (Piaget, Vygotsky)
- Evaluate the role of the adult in children¿s play
- Explore a child lead approach to meeting the play and educational requirements of children
- Describe different approaches to curriculum development and implementation in the ECCE setting
- Assess the value of equipment, materials, play spaces, both indoors and outdoor in the ECCE setting
- Use a range of reading and storytelling techniques appropriate to different stages of children¿s development and cultural background
- Select relevant play activities and materials appropriate to children¿s interest and stage of development and cultural background
- Implement appropriate curricula which promotes learning and the holistic development of the child
- Reflect on own role and responsibilities when supporting children in their play.
Assessment / Examinations:
Skills Demonstration 40%
Location & date:
|Online||Anytime||Own Pace||12 Months to Complete|