This course is delivered fully online, own pace and can be started anytime.
QQI Level 5 Early Care & Education Practice Component Certificate
Module is part of the QQI Level 5 Minor Award in ECCE (CHILDCARE) 5M2009
|5N1770||Early Care & Education Practice||5|
Course Fee Information:
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in Early Childhood Care and Education Practice to enable the learner to work under direction with children, their families and colleagues within early childhood care and education settings (ECCE).
Online Module Payment is €235
Learner will be able to:
- Explain the historical development of the ECCE sector in Ireland
- Outline relevant legislation, policies, practices and procedures pertaining to ECCE provision
- Explain the importance of self awareness and effective interpersonal skills in an ECCE setting
- Explain the rights of the child in the context of an ECCE setting
- Communicate effectively with children, families and colleagues
- Implement practices and activities to promote equality and value diversity in an ECCE setting
- Implement administration and operational procedures in an ECCE setting to include daily logs, routines and record keeping
- Participate effectively in team work in an ECCE setting
- Implement care and education routines with children in the ECCE setting
- Maintain a quality ECCE environment that complies with relevant regulations and standards
- Reflect on personal strengths and weaknesses when working with children, families and team members.
Assessment / Examinations:
Learner Record 40%
Location & date:
|Online||Anytime||Own Pace||12 Months to Complete|