This course is delivered fully online, own pace and can be started anytime.
QQI Level 5 Communications Component Certificate
Module is part of the QQI Level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support 5M4339
Course Fee Information:
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the relevant knowledge, skill and competence to communicate verbally and non-verbally in standard everyday tasks and in work-related tasks, operating independently while under general direction.
Online Module Payment is €235
Learners will be able to:
- Analyse a range of current issues in communications and information technology
- Summarise in practical terms the elements of legislation that must be observed in a personal and/or work context, to include health, safety and welfare at work and communications-related legislation
- Use appropriate non-verbal and visual communication in personal- and work-related settings, to include one-to-one, in a group/team, and in formal and informal interaction
- Demonstrate verbal skills appropriate to working under general direction, to include making a case 2 and presenting a point of view in group discussion, formal meetings, interviews
- Demonstrate listening skills appropriate to working under general direction, to include making eye contact, receiving and interpreting information, control of personal response
- Use reading techniques appropriate to a task, to include skimming, obtaining an overview, identifying key points, critical evaluation, in depth analysis
- Critique information from a range of complex written material, to include technical/vocational, personal, literary, and written and visual media texts
- Research a relevant vocational topic, to include use of primary and secondary sources, acknowledgement of sources, use of enquiry techniques and methods to establish validity and reliability
- Use drafting, proofreading and editing skills to write a range of documents that follow the conventions of language usage (spelling, punctuation, syntax), to include creative writing, business proposals, correspondence, reports, memoranda, minutes, applications
- Demonstrate communications styles and techniques relevant to different situations in work and leisure, to include one-to-one and group contexts in conversation, interview, oral presentation, question and answer session and for the purposes of persuading, advocacy and informing
- Choose the appropriate communications technology to give and receive requests, instructions, suggestions, discussion and feedback in both work and leisure, to include a rationale for choosing one technology over another in different contexts and for different messages.
Assessment / Examinations:
Portfolio / Collection of Work 50%
Skills Demonstration 50%
Location & date:
|Online||Anytime||Own Pace||12 Months to Complete|