This course is delivered fully online, own pace and can be started anytime.
QQI Level 6 Childhood Social Legal & Health Studies Component Certificate
Module is part of the QQI Level 6 Major Award in ECCE (CHILDCARE) 6M2007
|6N1945||Childhood Social Legal & Health Studies||6|
Course Fee Information:
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the social and legislative environment of Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE), to enable the leaner to devise, implement and evaluate policies and procedures that support the health and wellbeing of children in the provision and delivery of service, when working autonomously in an ECCE setting.
Online Module Payment is €235
Learners will be able to:
- Evaluate a range of factors influencing and impacting on children's health and wellbeing to include family structure, community, culture, education, health, social services and social status
- Evaluate child protection guidelines in relation to the protection of children and staff
- Assess statutory regulations and national practice guidelines, which relate directly to and impact on early childhood care and education settings
- Utilise a comprehensive range of specialised skills in meeting the needs of parents, children, colleagues and other stakeholders in an ECCE setting in the context of relevant legislation and national practice guidelines
- Examine national and international social policy and how it impacts on the wellbeing of children and families
- Devise a range of policies and procedures relevant to ECCE settings, ensuring adherence to legislation and national practice guidelines
- Implement procedures for dealing with specific child protection issues
- Evaluate the relevance of policies and procedures which safeguard children within ECCE settings
- Critically reflect on how personal, cultural identity, attitudes and values can potentially impact on bias, discrimination and prejudice within ECCE settings
- Identify personal learning needs and assist others in identifying learning goals within the context of the social, legal and health framework for ECCE settings.
Assessment / Examinations:
Location & date:
|Online||Anytime||Own Pace||12 Months to Complete|