This course is delivered fully online, own pace and can be started anytime.
QQI Level 5 Child Health & Well-being Component Certificate
Module is part of the QQI Level 5 Minor Award in ECCE (CHILDCARE) 5M2009
|5N1765||Child Health & Well-being||5|
Course Fee Information:
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to provide for the health and well-being of children and maintain healthy, hygienic and safe practices and environments in a range of early childhood care and education (ECCE) settings.
Online Module Payment is €235
Learners will be able to:
- Outline the requirements necessary to provide for the health and well-being of children in an ECCE setting as informed by national guidelines to include child protection
- Describe the factors that contribute to the overall well-being of children
- Outline the various nutritional needs of babies and young children
- Identify requirements for the promotion of healthy and safe indoor and outdoor environments for children
- Describe a range of common childhood illnesses
- Devise balanced menus for babies, toddlers and children
- Perform appropriate personal care routines for babies and young children including the care of the child when unwel
- Implement appropriate policies and procedures to include record keeping as required by legislation and good practice guidelines
- Utilize a range of practice skills that support and promote the health and well-being of children
- Apply knowledge of child development to support children to form secure and positive relationships with adults and children in the ECCE setting
- Reflect on personal practice leading to an understanding of healthy, hygienic and safe environments for children.
Assessment / Examinations:
Skills Demonstration 60%
Location & date:
|Online||Anytime||Own Pace||12 Months to Complete|