This course is delivered fully online, own pace and can be started anytime.
QQI Level 6 Child Development Component Certificate
Module is part of the QQI Level 6 Major Award in ECCE (CHILDCARE) 6M2007
Course Fee Information:
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence relevant to the theory and practice of child development when working autonomously and with others in Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) settings.
Online Module Payment is €235
Learners will be able to:
- Critically reflect on child development theories and their application on ECCE practice
- Explore the effects of a range of genetic, social, cultural and environmental factors on the holistic development of the child
- Research a range of theoretical perspectives in the field of behaviour management in support of the holistic development of the child
- Select from a range of specialised skills to meet the needs of parents, children, colleagues and other stakeholders in an ECCE setting in the context of legislation and national practice guidelines
- Organise a variety of detailed observations in support of programme planning for individual and groups of children using a range of tools
- Evaluate personal and team practice in meeting child development needs in an ECCE setting
- Identify personal learning goals and assist others in identifying learning and personal development goals.
Assessment / Examinations:
Examination - Theory 40%
Location & date:
|Online||Anytime||Own Pace||12 Months to Complete|