Training & Development (Train the Trainer) QQI Level 6
- A flexible online approach developed to allow you to learn at your own pace
- Please email email@example.com with any queries
The purpose of this award is to enable the learner to acquire the knowledge, skill and competence to identify training and development needs and to deliver and evaluate a training intervention within a range of training and development contexts.
- Compare and contrast various concepts relating to training and education.
- Demonstrate an understanding of group dynamics in the context of training and development.
- Understand a number of psychological theories of learning.
- Distinguish between andragogy and pedagogy.
- Show an understanding of what motivates the adult learner.
- Plan, undertake and evaluate a training needs analysis.
- Distinguish between teaching, training and facilitation.
- Set clear and achievable objectives for a training course.
- Deliver a presentation in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate the communication skills needed to deliver a training programme. i.e. listening, responding, managing the group process, awareness of body language etc.
- Evaluate a training session based on written and oral feedback.
Unit 1 – Theory of Training and Adult Learners
Unit 2 – The Role of the Trainer
Unit 3 – Training Needs Analysis and Programme Design
Unit 4 – Preparing for Training Delivery
Unit 5 – Delivery and Assessment
Unit 6 – Evaluation of Training Delivery
Unit 7 – Internal and External Environmental Factors Influencing Training and Development
Unit 8 – Examine the impact of organisation strategy, policy, vision, and mission on training and development
Unit 9 – The benefits of training needs analysis at an organisation and or individual level and the range of approaches to training needs analysis
Unit 10 – The stages in conducting a training needs analysis and evaluating a range of performance management approaches in the context of identifying training and development needs
Unit 11 – Conducting a Training Needs Analysis (TNA) to identify training and development needs for an organisation and/or an individual
Unit 12 – Assessing a range of Instructional System Design (ISD) models
Unit 13 – Applying a comprehensive range of specialised skills and tools in identifying the barriers to training and attitudes to training in an organisation
Unit 14 – Designing a training intervention, that incorporates a range of design factors to include trainees, adult learning theories, motivation theories, objectives, exercises, training methods, learning aids, location, and facilities
Unit 15 – Developing appropriate training content and materials using a range of learning aids to include web-based facilities, software, flip charts, and handouts
Unit 16 – Devising a training plan based on prioritised training needs to include a cost-benefit analysis
QQI Level 6 Training Delivery and Evaluation [6N3326]
QQI Level 6 Training Needs Identification and Design [6N3325]
The minimum age is 17 Years. All learners must have a good standard of English.
QQI supports learners at each stage of their learning journey, whether by issuing and replacing QQI Award certificates, verifying existing qualifications such as FETAC or HETAC awards, or advising on the move to higher education.
As the national awarding body for further education and training and most private higher education providers, QQI works in partnership with providers and stakeholders to develop and maintain award standards. Along with offering guidance on certifying awards and verifying qualifications, we maintain searchable databases of QQI-validated programmes and CAS awards and support the recognition of prior learning, and access, transfer and progression pathways.
In addition to our scheduled Professional Diploma courses, City Colleges can provide bespoke training over 3 – 4 days, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Why Progressive College?
All courses are delivered online/blended learning method
All courses are delivered in a classroom and part-time setting
QQI Accredited Online Course delivered either Online, In-Class, or Blended
Payment Plans Available
Choose to pay in full or sign up with with our available instalment plans
Deliver extensively for Educational Training Boards
Benefit from one of our many international partnerships