The aim of this module is to equip learners with the knowledge and skills necessary to design, deliver, assess and evaluate a training programme.
- Discuss the concepts and theories that underline the delivery and evaluation of training programmes.
- Examine the following aspects of a training session which can impact on its effectiveness: the learning environment, the trainer, learning methodologies and group dynamics.
- Show an awareness of various issues relating the provision of training, including equality, diversity, and disability in the context of legislation.
- Critique the effectiveness of a number of different models, approaches, tools, and techniques used in the evaluation and monitoring of a training and development intervention.
- Deliver a training programme using various training aids and appropriate content.
- Develop suitable tools, techniques, and approaches for evaluating a training session to determine whether or not needs were met and objectives achieved.
- Give learners constructive feedback regarding their participation in the training programme.
- Utilise a wide variety of training delivery and evaluation skills while delivering a training session.
- Produce a process for training evaluation, which will include the identification of key stakeholders, feedback from the trainee, challenges experienced within the process and the methodology of the evaluation.
- Select appropriate evaluation tools, techniques, and approaches for training from a wide range of tools, in order to determine whether or not needs were met and objectives achieved.
- Compile a report on training and development evaluation which will include areas of success and opportunities for improvement.
Unit 1 – Theory of Training and Adult Learners
Unit 2 – The Role of the Trainer
Unit 3 – Training Needs Analysis and Programme Design
Unit 4 – Preparing for Training Delivery
Unit 5 – Delivery and Assessment
Unit 6 – Evaluation of Training Delivery
QQI Level 6 Training Delivery and Evaluation 6N3326
There are no previous requirements required for entry to this course.