QQI LEVEL 6
This programme has been specifically designed for learners who wish to pursue a career as a Montessori teacher for children in the age range 3-6 years. It is an ideal add on programme for students who already have a Level 6, 7 or Level 8 qualification in Early Childhood. This award covers in depth the six main Montessori disciplines: Early Childhood Curriculum (Theory & Practice) Early Learning Environment (Practical Life and Sensorial Education), Literacy & Numeracy (Montessori Language and Mathematics) Early Childhood Arts & Culture (Montessori Culture).
- To equip learners with a knowledge of a wide range of educational theorists and philosophies and with an in-depth knowledge of Montessori philosophy and methods.
- To familiarize learners with a variety of curriculum materials including knowledge of the purpose of a broad range of Montessori materials and to equip them with the skills to support children’s learning in an ECCE setting
- To ensure learners can plan, implement and evaluate a Montessori programme and environment suitable for a child in an ECCE setting, with reference to the Aistear framework and Siolta principles.
- To promote in learners the ability to nurture the holistic development and well-being of the child while valuing diversity and fostering equality and inclusion
- To enable learners to reflect critically on personal and professional practice and to take responsibility for own professional development.
Minimum Level 5 Certificate/ Ordinary Level Leaving Certificate / relevant life or work experience. Full-time students subject to interview. Competence in written and spoken English essential.
Continuous evaluation will take place with final evaluation on completion of the programme.
80 hours of work practice in an ECCE setting.
ECEC Degree Lecturer
I have achieved my- Level 8 BA honours Early Childhood Education and Care Degree- As well as achieving my CACHE N.N.E.B Nursery Nursing Diploma and also my CACHE Level 4 NVQ Qualification’s in Children’s Learning Care and Development
I currently hold a vast and wide range of experience having worked within the field of Early Childhood Education and Care for the past 25 years.
Working with and supporting children and their families within various- different professional roles both here in Ireland and in the United Kingdom.
Specialising in supporting children with SEN and their families within the professional roles of Area Special Needs Co ordinator, Early Support Officer and Key worker.
I am trained in specific packages of SEN support for children with SEN and their families such as Portage, PECS, Makaton, Intensive Interaction.
QQI supports learners at each stage of their learning journey, whether by issuing and replacing QQI Award certificates, verifying existing qualifications such as FETAC or HETAC awards, or advising on the move to higher education.
As the national awarding body for further education and training and most private higher education providers, QQI works in partnership with providers and stakeholders to develop and maintain award standards. Along with offering guidance on certifying awards and verifying qualifications, we maintain searchable databases of QQI-validated programmes and CAS awards and support the recognition of prior learning, and access, transfer and progression pathways.
Progressive College can provide bespoke training over 3 – 4 days, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Garda Vetting is a legal requirement under the National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Acts 2012 to 2016 for the vetting of persons carrying out work with children or vulnerable persons.
Students must complete the Garda Vetting process before commencing work placement.
Students who have spent more than 6 months living outside of Ireland will need to provide a copy of their Police Clearance Certification for all international addresses that they have lived at, before starting placement.
Why Progressive College?
All courses are delivered online/blended learning method
All courses are delivered in a classroom and part-time setting
QQI Accredited Online Course delivered either Online, In-Class, or Blended
Payment Plans Available
Choose to pay in full or sign up with with our available instalment plans
Deliver extensively for Educational Training Boards
Benefit from one of our many international partnerships