Early Childhood Care & Education (ECCE) with Montessori –
QQI Level 6
Prices Starting At €995
(Full Course Price – Individual Modules Also Available)
QQI Accredited Online Course delivered either Online, In-Class, or Blended
Choose to pay in full or sign up with with our available instalent plan
This QQI Level 6 ECCE with Montessori course is specifically designed for learners who wish to pursue a career as a Montessori teacher for children, age range 3-6 years old. In addition, it provides learners with the all-important Early Childhood Care Education (ECCE) Level 6 qualification. This enables the centre they are working in to qualify for the free preschool year Early Childhood Care Education (ECCE) scheme. This award covers in depth the six main Montessori disciplines: Theory & Practice, Practical Life, Mathematics, Language, Sensorial, and Culture.
This ECCE with Montessori course is designed to equip the learners with the knowledge, skills, and competencies to work independently. This could be as a Montessori teacher, room leader or supervisor under the ECCE scheme, with a primary focus on the Montessori Method of Education. Successful graduates will be qualified to work as Montessori teachers and work with children from the age of 0 – 6 years, in a range of ECCE settings. Learners can also choose to progress to higher education and training. This ECCE with Montessori course is delivered on a part-time basis.
The programme provides learners with a comprehensive knowledge of the Montessori Method of Education. It develops a deep understanding of the theories behind the method, the purpose of the specific didactic Montessori materials, and the skills to support children’s learning in an ECCE setting especially in relation to the holistic development and well-being of the child while at the same time valuing diversity and fostering equality and inclusion.
Learners acquire the necessary skills to plan, implement and evaluate a Montessori environment in line with Montessori philosophy and with reference to the Aistear framework and Siolta principles. Integral to the programme is work placement where learners are enabled to put into practice what they learn through their studies.
The programme leads to the QQI Level 6 award 6M2007 Early Childhood Care and Education. Learners will complete a total of 8 components to achieve the award and will be equipped with all the knowledge, skill, and competence to deliver the Montessori Method of Education to children, between the ages of three and six years, in Early Childhood Care and Education settings.
Please note that the Early Childhood Care & Education (ECCE) with Montessori – QQI Level 6 is being withdrawn by QQI in December 2023 and it will not be possible for new students to realistically complete 8 full modules within the deactivation date on 30th November 2023 (Click here for more Information).
Please call us on (01) 4884300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the options for exemptions and certifying on Early Childhood Care & Education (ECCE) with Montessori – QQI Level 6 before the deactivation date.
Our brand new replacement Level 6 Early Learning & Care Major Award is currently in validation with QQI and will be available from April 2023.
Please click here for more information on our replacement QQI award and to express your interest in enrolling.
- 6N1942 – Child Development
- 6N1944 – Early Childhood Curriculum
- 6N1945 – Childhood Social Legal & Health Studies
- 6N1946 – Work Experience
- 6N1950 – Communications
- 6N1933 – Early Learning Environment
- 6N1935 – Early Childhood Literacy & Numeracy
- 6N1936 – Early Childhood Arts & Culture
Purchasing Multiple Modules (ONLINE ONLY):
All of our available modules in this award can be purchased individually or in a combination with a desired number of the other modules.
A minimum Ordinary Level Leaving Certificate standard of education or equivalent education or experience. Proficiency in the English language.
As per QQI requirements, if you wish to use previously achieved modules to complete your Major Award, then they must have been achieved within the last five years. You must provide the College with copies of these certificates in order to go forward for certification once you have completed your programme of training with us.
- Continuous assessment & Skills demonstrations.
- 110 hours of work practice in an ECCE setting.
QQI supports learners at each stage of their learning journey, whether by issuing and replacing QQI Award certificates, verifying existing qualifications such as FETAC or HETAC awards, or advising on the move to higher education.
As the national awarding body for further education and training and most private higher education providers, QQI works in partnership with providers and stakeholders to develop and maintain award standards. Along with offering guidance on certifying awards and verifying qualifications, we maintain searchable databases of QQI-validated programmes and CAS awards and support the recognition of prior learning, and access, transfer and progression pathways.
In addition to our scheduled Professional Diploma courses, City Colleges can provide bespoke training over 3 – 4 days, please contact email@example.com for further details.
The learning outcomes of this QQI Level 6 ECCE with Montessori Course are the following:
- To equip learners with a sound understanding of child development theory and observation methodologies which will enable the learners to apply this knowledge in work practice through observing, recording and making recommendations relating to children’s holistic development.
- To equip learners with a knowledge of a wide range of educational theorists and philosophies and with an in-depth knowledge of Montessori philosophy and methods.
- To familiarize learners with a variety of curriculum materials including knowledge of the purpose of a broad range of Montessori materials and to equip them with the skills to support children’s learning in an ECCE setting
- To ensure learners can plan, implement and evaluate a Montessori programme and environment suitable for a child in an ECCE setting, with reference to the Aistear framework and Siolta principles.
- To familiarize learners with an overview of the Irish statutory, legal, and healthcare systems and supports available to children and families, with emphasis on the area of child protection and adherence to national guidelines in this area.
- To promote in learners the ability to nurture the holistic development and well-being of the child while valuing diversity and fostering equality and inclusion
- To ensure learners understand the concepts of professional conduct, responsibility, and autonomy and to facilitate learners in establishing an effective working environment and relationships when acting in a supervisory role in an ECCE setting.
- To enable learners to reflect critically on personal and professional practice and to take responsibility for their own professional development.
Why Progressive College?
All courses are delivered online/blended learning method
All courses are delivered in a classroom and part-time setting
QQI Accredited Online Course delivered either Online, In-Class, or Blended
Payment Plans Available
Choose to pay in full or sign up with with our available instalment plans
Deliver extensively for Educational Training Boards
Benefit from one of our many international partnerships