The aim of this module is to provide the learner with a broad range of knowledge, skills and competencies in order to effectively create and modify spreadsheets, under supervision, using the common spreadsheet features of a spreadsheet programme.
- To provide the learner with a broad knowledge and clear understanding of the common uses and features of a typical spreadsheet application and to have the learner develop a familiarity with the frequently used toolbar icons and drop-down menus available within the application.
- To enable the learner to create a variety of spreadsheets, applying a range of features involving data and cell formatting.
- To furnish the learner with experience of using macros, graphs and other advanced spreadsheet features including cell references, IF statements and functions such as statistical, financial, date and time.
- To enable the learner to create and print a spreadsheet with minimal supervision, to a specific simple design, demonstrating resourcefulness in amending and editing to ensure the finished spreadsheet is fit for purpose.
Learning Outcomes Learners will be able to:
- Investigate a range of common uses for spreadsheets.
- Explore key spreadsheet elements including cells, cell references, numeric, alpha, and alphanumeric data, formulae, functions, graphs, and macros.
- Demonstrate common spreadsheet usability features to include the use of toolbars, window management, sorting, and filtering.
- Use spreadsheet design features involving data and cell formatting techniques that enhance
understanding and legibility.
- Automate routine multi-step tasks through the creation, execution, and management of simple macros.
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill, and competence to create and modify spreadsheets under supervision, using common spreadsheet features.
The minimum age is 17 Years. All learners must have a good standard of English.