Special Needs Assisting –
QQI Level 5
Prices Starting At €290
- Study on-campus
- Fully Interactive Class
- Starts 27th September
- 9 Weeks
- Live & fully online
- Archived for review
- Live interaction with the Lecturer
- Starts 10th October 2023
- 9 Weeks
- Fully online
- Pre Recorded
- Start Anytime
- Suit your own Schedule
- Access 10 Weeks
Study in a classroom environment one evening a week.
Price from €395
Delivered through live online webinars, pre-recorded lectures, and access to associated reading material.
Price from €325
A flexible online approach developed to allow you to learn at your own pace.
Price from €290
The SNA L5 course, is a single module course and is designed to facilitate learners who intend working with children with special needs in an educational /care setting. Its aim is to instil knowledge with regard to the role and responsibilities of the care assistant when working with children in a special needs setting, in order to ensure both positive learning and life experiences for the children with whom they will be working.
- Explore in the role and responsibilities of the Special Needs Assistant
- Examine the qualities and skills of an effective Special Needs Assistant
- Examine relevant legislation in relation to disability
- Explore the rights of children with disabilities in relation to personal autonomy, participation and decision making
- Relate effectively and appropriately to children who present with additional needs
- Use care routines in feeding, toileting and general hygiene
- Work effectively with children who present with disabilities under the direction of the classroom teacher
- Assist children with disabilities in a range of activities, ensuring equality of opportunity through working in a safe and professional manner
- Reflect on personal practice working with children, their parents or guardians and colleagues ensuring that children’s individuality is promoted and that their needs are met.
- Maintain appropriate relationships with children parents, primary carers, teachers and other members of the multidisciplinary team
The minimum age is 17 Years. All learners must have a good standard of English.
Currently, the Department of Education and Science stipulates that all those gaining full-time employment in schools must have at least 3 passes at Junior Certificate or equivalent.
Applicants will also be required to obtain 30 hours work placement.
Pick Your Location. 4 Locations to choose fRom.
QQI supports learners at each stage of their learning journey, whether by issuing and replacing QQI Award certificates, verifying existing qualifications such as FETAC or HETAC awards, or advising on the move to higher education.
As the national awarding body for further education and training and most private higher education providers, QQI works in partnership with providers and stakeholders to develop and maintain award standards. Along with offering guidance on certifying awards and verifying qualifications, we maintain searchable databases of QQI-validated programmes and CAS awards and support the recognition of prior learning, and access, transfer and progression pathways.
Progressive College can provide bespoke training over 3 – 4 days, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Garda Vetting is a legal requirement under the National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Acts 2012 to 2016 for the vetting of persons carrying out work with children or vulnerable persons.
Students must complete the Garda Vetting process before commencing work placement.
Students who have spent more than 6 months living outside of Ireland will need to provide a copy of their Police Clearance Certification for all international addresses that they have lived at, before starting placement.
Why Progressive College?
All courses are delivered online/blended learning method
All courses are delivered in a classroom and part-time setting
QQI Accredited Online Course delivered either Online, In-Class, or Blended
Payment Plans Available
Choose to pay in full or sign up with with our available instalment plans
Deliver extensively for Educational Training Boards
Benefit from one of our many international partnerships