COMMUNITY CARE –
QQI LEVEL 5
Prices Starting At €995
(Full Course Price – Individual Modules Also Available)
- Live & fully online
- Archived for review
- Live interaction with the Lecturer
- Starts 11th October 2023
- Duration 32 weeks
- Fully online
- Pre Recorded
- Start Anytime
- Suit your own Schedule
- Access 40 Weeks
- Single module options available
The aim of this programme is to enable learners to build the knowledge, skills and competence required to work in a community care setting.
- To equip learners with the knowledge and skills required to work in a variety of community care settings
- To prepare learners to work competently, safely and effectively with clients in community care
- To provide learners with the practical skills and knowledge needed to maximise their potential in making a successful transition to access degree courses in Community Care or related areas.
- Demonstrate a broad range of knowledge relating to the role and responsibility of the care and wellbeing of clients in a variety of community care settings.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the guidelines, practice and legal requirements which relate to community care.
- Demonstrate a broad range of practice, research, interpersonal and caring skills in order to provide holistic care to a wide range of client groups in a range of community care settings.
- Demonstrate the practical skills to develop and implement appropriate care strategies in a variety of community care settings.
- Take responsibility for own learning and development in a structured context
- 5N1279Human Growth & Development
- 5N1794Safety & Health at Work
- 5N2705Care Provision and Practice
- 5N1356Work Experience
- 5N0758Care Support
- 5N1652Intellectual Disability Studies
- 5N2770Care Skills
- 5N0749Care of the Older Person
- 5N1370Social Studies
Purchasing Multiple Modules (ONLINE ONLY):
All of our available modules in this award can be purchased individually or in a combination with a desired number of the other modules.
QQI Level 5 Major Award in Community Care (8 QQI Level 5 Component Certificates)
A minimum Ordinary Level Leaving Certificate standard of education or equivalent education or experience. Proficiency in English language.
Learners must complete 160 hours of work experience in a suitable healthcare setting which might be a nursing home, hospital, or daycare centre. Students may need to complete a patient moving and handling course and basic first aid responder course prior to starting their work placement.
Learners may need to complete Patient Manual Handling Training & Cardiac/Basic First Aid Training before completing their work placement which is not provided by Progressive College.
QQI supports learners at each stage of their learning journey, whether by issuing and replacing QQI Award certificates, verifying existing qualifications such as FETAC or HETAC awards, or advising on the move to higher education.
As the national awarding body for further education and training and most private higher education providers, QQI works in partnership with providers and stakeholders to develop and maintain award standards. Along with offering guidance on certifying awards and verifying qualifications, we maintain searchable databases of QQI-validated programmes and CAS awards and support the recognition of prior learning, and access, transfer and progression pathways.
Progressive College can provide bespoke training over 3 – 4 days, please contact email@example.com for further details.
Garda Vetting is a legal requirement under the National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Acts 2012 to 2016 for the vetting of persons carrying out work with children or vulnerable persons.
Students must complete the Garda Vetting process before commencing work placement.
Students who have spent more than 6 months living outside of Ireland will need to provide a copy of their Police Clearance Certification for all international addresses that they have lived at, before starting placement.
Why Progressive College?
All courses are delivered online/blended learning method
All courses are delivered in a classroom and part-time setting
QQI Accredited Online Course delivered either Online, In-Class, or Blended
Payment Plans Available
Choose to pay in full or sign up with with our available instalment plans
Deliver extensively for Educational Training Boards
Benefit from one of our many international partnerships