The purpose of this award is to provide the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence required to work independently or in a supervisory role in a range of health services contexts and or to progress to higher education and training.
- Demonstrate a broad range of knowledge of supervisory management skills and techniques within a range of health services settings
- Apply theoretical concepts and abstract thinking with significant underpinning theory to specific health service practice
- Apply a comprehensive range of specialised skills and tools to develop strategies required for supervisory management in a range of health service contexts
- Select from a range of supervisory management theories, tools, and techniques to devise and formulate specific responses to routine and non-routine health service provision
- Apply supervisory management concepts, principles, creative thinking, and technical skills to a range of health-related contexts and situations
- Exercise and assume substantial personal responsibility in prioritising, organising, and managing own work and or the work of others to achieve defined objectives
- Evaluate own learning and assist others to identify their learning styles and needs within a structured learning environment
- Reflect on personal and professional practice to inform self-understanding and development within a management or supervisory role within a health services context.
- 6N1942 – Conflict Management
- 6N1944 – Supervisory Management
- 6N1945 – Customer Service
- 6N1973 – Personal & Professional Development
- 6N1946 – Work Experience
- 6N2023 – Person-Centered Planning
- 6N1946 – Health Promotion
- 6N1950 – Gerontology
Purchasing Multiple Modules (ONLINE ONLY):
If buying multiple modules, use the coupons below to receive a discount at checkout.
|Pay in Full||LEVEL|
|€250||One Minor Award|
|€485||Two Minor Awards|
|€555||Three Minor Awards|
|€625||Four Minor Awards|
|€695||Five Minor Awards|
|€765||Six Minor Awards|
|€835||Seven Minor Awards|
|€995||Eight Minor Awards (full Course)|
Installment options are available for this course. A handling fee will be added at checkout if this option is preferred.
NOTE: When buying modules individually or with another module, course access and/or material will not be released until such time as the relevant fee has been received in full.
QQI Level 6 Major Award in Health Services Supervisory Management Skills (8 QQI Level 6 Component Certificates)
Learners must have already achieved the QQI Level 5 award in Healthcare Support 5M4339, Nursing Studies 5M4349, Health Service Skills 5M3782, or equivalent.
Learners must complete 120 hours of work experience in a suitable healthcare setting which might be a nursing home, hospital, or daycare centre.
If already employed in a healthcare setting the work experience tasks may be carried out in that environment.
Students may need to complete a patient moving and handling course and basic first aid responder course prior to starting their work placement.
Garda Vetting is a legal requirement under the National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Acts 2012 to 2016 for the vetting of persons carrying out work with children or vulnerable persons.
Students must complete the Garda Vetting process before commencing work placement.
Students who have spent more than 6 months living outside of Ireland will need to provide a copy of their Police Clearance Certification for all international addresses that they have lived at, before starting placement.
Delivered through the following channels
For correct pricing for purchasing multiple modules together, please get in touch with our sales staff through our contact form here or use our chat box in the bottom right-hand corner of our website.