The aim of this module is to provide the learner with the knowledge, skills and competency to care for clients in a hygienic and professional manner.
- To develop a better understanding of the maintenance of a safe environment for clients of differing needs.
- To enable students to develop an awareness of the range of needs of clients in need of care and determine the appropriate level of care to be offered as part of a multidisciplinary healthcare team.
- To facilitate students to develop interpersonal skills.
- To demonstrate knowledge and skills required to assist clients with activities of daily living.
to provide a safe environment for staff, clients and any other people who may enter the workplace.
- To promote dignity, choice, and empowerment of residents in a healthcare facility
- Examine the physical, emotional, social, psychological, and spiritual needs of a range of groups of people taking into account individual variation.
Continuous assessment consists of a project and practical skills demonstrations.
Learners must complete 40 hours’ work placement in a nursing home, hospital, or daycare centre.
Garda Vetting is a legal requirement under the National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Acts 2012 to 2016 for the vetting of persons carrying out work with children or vulnerable persons.
Students must complete the Garda Vetting process before commencing work placement.
Students who have spent more than 6 months living outside of Ireland will need to provide a copy of their Police Clearance Certification for all international addresses that they have lived at, before starting placement.
Delivered through the following channels
- Live interaction with the Lecturer