The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the Knowledge, skills and competence in the Irish Tax System and processes, to enable the learner to carry out a range of procedural, consultative and compliance taxation activities for a range of organisations.
- Identify the various types of business models and relate the different types of Taxation categories to these business models.
- To identify the relevant Tax Returns businesses must submit and explain the requirements of a Revenue Audit
- Understand Value Added Tax (VAT), Registration, recording, returns, payment and comprehend the VAT implications of Inter EU Trade.
- Understand the PAYE/PRSI Tax System, registration, recording, submissions, returns, allowances, and benefits.
- Understand the PAYE Modernisation System in operation from 01/01/2019.
- Understand the rules that apply to Contractors, the taxation of Sub-Contractors, registration, deductions, submissions, returns, and record keeping.
- Understand the operation of Pension Schemes, various types, tax treatment of AVC’s by employees and the registration of new employees.
- To examine and comprehend the Tax treatment of Directors Loans, Dividends, Leases, Hire Purchase of Assets.
- To access Revenue’s online facilities, process applications for a range of Tax Certificates and Forms and prepare Annual Tax Returns for individuals and Businesses.
Learning Outcomes Learners will be able to:
- Explore the various trading structures through which a business can carry out its activities.
- Identify the tax returns that a typical business is required to make including the tax records required
for a Revenue audit.
- Summarise the general concepts and procedures relating to Value Added Tax (VAT) to include thresholds for VAT registration, procedures for registration, the records required for accurate VAT accounting, VAT rates, and the VAT implications of inter-EU trade.
- Examine the Corporation Tax and Capital Gains Tax obligations applicable to a range of business activities to include tax rates, payment dates, and reliefs.
- Analyse the tax rules applicable to dealing with contractors and sub-contractors, including an explanation of which rules apply, the calculation of sub-contractor tax liability, and the documentation required to complete tax returns relating to contractors.
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill, and competence in the Irish Tax system and processes, to enable the learner to carry out a range of procedural, consultative, and compliance taxation activities for a range of organisations.
The minimum age is 17 Years. All learners must have a good standard of English.