The College of Progressive Education are leading providers of QQI Accredited Childcare & Montessori Courses, Healthcare Courses and Special Needs Assistant Training.
Welcome to the College of Progressive Education. Since 1986 the College has been a Leading provider of QQI accredited Childcare & Montessori Courses, Healthcare Courses, Special Needs Assistant Training and Business Courses in Ireland. We deliver quality courses in an enjoyable and supportive adult learning environment. All our tutors are passionate about sharing their knowledge and experience with their learners and will be delighted to assist you in completing the programme of your choice.
Since 2003 The College of Progressive Education has been a provider of internationally recognised QQI major award programmes (formerly FETAC). All of these awards are aligned on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications. We offer a range of learning options including full-time, part-time and blended learning (online) designed to suit a range of learning styles.
Our dedicated team of academic advisors here at the College as well as your tutors will be delighted to support and advise you throughout your course in obtaining the qualifications required for your chosen career.
We look forward to supporting you in your chosen career path.
Paschal O’ Leary
The majority of the College programmes are accredited by QQI at Level 5 or 6 to ensure learners meet or exceed the legislative requirements of the workplace. All our programmes are designed to prepare the learner for the workplace.
Visit the QQI/QQI web site here to find out more about QQI awards and what they can do for you.
What can your expect from The College of Progressive Education?
- Comprehensive teaching materials developed for distance learning or classroom based courses as appropriate.
- Dispatch of these materials to you in time for you to study them according to your course timetable, providing that you have registered and have paid your fees.
- Educational advice and guidance to assist you in choosing further courses to aid your career progress.
- Tutors who will offer you academic support for your studies by marking assignments and giving you constructive written comments. They are available to you to discuss your academic progress.
- Fair and objective assessment of course work with internal monitoring and verification and, when appropriate, external verification.
- In normal circumstances, to return your assignment within 4 weeks of the assignment deadline. (If your assignment has not been returned within that time, please contact your tutor in the first instance)
- Clear and accurate information about the academic regulations including the appeals procedure.
- Operation of a safety policy in accordance with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Acts 1989 and 2005.
Protection of enrolled learners (PEL)
The Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012 Part 6 requires that all programmes of 3 months or more duration have in place arrangements for the Protection of Enrolled Learners to ensure learners have the opportunity to complete their programme of study. The College has made arrangements with at least two other providers to comply with this legal obligation.
Our commitment to standards
The College of Progressive Education’s commitment to quality with regard to materials, teaching, assessment and learner support is firmly established.
The College offers an extensive curriculum of both distance learning and classroom based courses designed to meet learners’ academic and vocational needs. The College believes in equal opportunities for all and it is open to every section of the community regardless of background or circumstance. Every effort is made to create conditions in which all learners can participate fully and equally in the Colleges activities. Many departments and staff contribute to services within the organisation. Within the framework of the Learner Charter, each department works to standards directly related to the services it provides. The College of Progressive Education staff will respond to you promptly and courteously and with respect to confidentiality.
Our mission statement
The College of Progressive Education strives for excellence in meeting adult learners’ educational needs through the provision of the most inclusive, innovative and supportive training methods. Our aim is to equip our graduates with the necessary knowledge and skills to deliver professional care to the highest standard.
Why choose us?
- Leading Irish providers of Childcare & Montessori Courses, Healthcare Courses and Special Needs Assistant Training since 1986
- QQI Certified Courses
- Part time and distance learning options
- Experienced instructors
- Educational advice and guidance to assist your career progress.