Progressive College are leading providers of QQI Accredited Courses in Childcare, Montessori, Healthcare, SNA and Business. We also deliver online, quality, affordable college diplomas in special areas of study.
Progressive College is known for one thing above all else – its outstanding tradition of excellence in providing education and training of the highest quality. This tradition goes back nearly 35 years to March 1986 when the college was founded by a team of young Teaching Sisters formerly of Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital at Crumlin in Dublin, Ireland’s premier children’s hospital. As Progressive College grew, the original team members were joined by more former Teaching Sisters and together the expanded group pioneered the development of new courses in childcare, special needs education, and healthcare. These courses were permeated by the ‘Crumlin Culture’ of focussing totally on the needs and well-being of the child, and over succeeding decades Progressive’s child-related courses have been widely imitated by other institutions throughout the country. The College has continued to expand and offer an ever-growing range of new courses while always ensuring that the tradition of quality begun in its early years is not just maintained but continually enhanced.
Today Progressive College is part of the City Education Group and is a leading provider of QQI validated major award programmes in Childcare, Montessori, Healthcare, Special Needs Assistant training and Business. These awards are aligned on the nationally and internationally recognised Irish National Framework of Qualifications and so provide ideal foundations on which to build a successful career. In addition, we also deliver online, quality, affordable college diploma courses in special areas of study. [To ensure your peace of mind, all our courses are fully bonded.]
A range of learning methodologies are available designed to suit various learning styles including full-time, part-time, blended learning and fully online. Whatever the learning style, our aim is to deliver quality courses in an enjoyable and supportive adult environment. Our tutors are passionate about sharing their knowledge and experience with learners and will be delighted to assist you in selecting and completing the programme of your choice.
We look forward to supporting you in your chosen career path.
The majority of the College programmes are accredited by QQI to ensure learners meet or exceed the legislative requirements of the workplace. All our programmes are designed to prepare the learner for the workplace.
Visit the QQI/QQI web site here to find out more about QQI awards and what they can do for you.
What can you expect from Progressive College?
- Comprehensive teaching materials developed for distance learning or classroom based courses as appropriate.
- Dispatch of these materials to you in time for you to study them according to your course timetable, providing that you have registered and have paid your fees.
- Educational advice and guidance to assist you in choosing further courses to aid your career progress.
- Tutors who will offer you academic support for your studies by marking assignments and giving you constructive written comments. They are available to you to discuss your academic progress.
- Fair and objective assessment of course work with internal monitoring and verification and, when appropriate, external verification.
- In normal circumstances, to return your assignment within 4 weeks of the assignment deadline. (If your assignment has not been returned within that time, please contact your tutor in the first instance)
- Clear and accurate information about the academic regulations including the appeals procedure.
- Operation of a safety policy in accordance with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Acts 1989 and 2005.
Protection of enrolled learners (PEL)
The Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012 Part 6 requires that all programmes of 3 months or more duration have in place arrangements for the Protection of Enrolled Learners to ensure learners have the opportunity to complete their programme of study.
Our commitment to standards
Progressive College commitment to quality with regard to materials, teaching, assessment and learner support is firmly established.
The College offers an extensive curriculum of both distance learning and classroom based courses designed to meet learners’ academic and vocational needs. The College believes in equal opportunities for all and it is open to every section of the community regardless of background or circumstance. Every effort is made to create conditions in which all learners can participate fully and equally in the Colleges activities. Many departments and staff contribute to services within the organisation. Within the framework of the Learner Charter, each department works to standards directly related to the services it provides. Progressive College staff will respond to you promptly and courteously and with respect to confidentiality.
Our mission statement
Progressive College strives for excellence in meeting adult learners’ educational needs through the provision of the most inclusive, innovative and supportive training methods. Our aim is to equip our graduates with the necessary knowledge and skills to deliver professional care to the highest standard.
Why choose us?
- Leading Irish provider of Childcare & Montessori Courses, Healthcare Courses, Special Needs Assistant Training and Business Courses for over 30 years.
- QQI Certified Courses.
- Part-time, full-time, intensive, blended online and online delivery of courses available.
- Experienced tutors.
- Educational advice and guidance to assist in your career progress.